Amherst College Rugby Football Club is seeking a Head Coach for our Men’s Rugby Club for the upcoming Spring season and beyond. The team is a motivated, hard-working group of men competing in New England Rugby Football Union. The team currently has 30 active members and is fresh off a 7-1-1 fall campaign.
The Men’s Rugby Club is advised by the Athletics Department and the Head Coach will report to the Assistant Athletic Director in charge of Club Sports, the Team Captains and the Club President. This is a paid, part-time position.
Head Coach Duties:
- Strong commitment to player development, ability to teach proper rugby skills, strength training, practice management, and practice planning
- Organize and develop team training sessions and game day strategies.
- Have the ability to relate to and supervise college age men and support the mission of student development and leadership promoted by the Athletic Department at Amherst College.
- Effectively introduce and teach the sport of Rugby to new players
- Work collaboratively with the Athletic Office to support the student-athletes.
- The applicant must have level 200 (or greater) coaching certification through USA Rugby or equivalent with IRB.
- Must have previous experience playing rugby; rugby coaching experience strongly preferred
- Commitment to attend all training sessions, games and team meetings.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both group and individual settings.
The ACRFC Spring Season will begin March 23rd and end May 1st. During this time the team will practice three times a week (normally Mon, Wed, Fri from 5-7pm, though this is flexible), and compete in three games/tournaments, dates tbd.
Amherst College RFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, or sexual orientation.
For more information, please contact Cole Johnson at email@example.com.