MIT is looking to hire a new head coach!
MIT Rugby Football Club, one of the most historic rugby clubs in New England, is seeking a head coach for the Spring 2023 season and beyond. Having started in 1949, MIT normally competes in the NERFU Men’s Division III league. Covid shut down the club for a couple of years, but the club has gotten back on its feet with dominating scrimmage performances this past fall thanks to a number of new players to the club. MIT is looking to build on this momentum with a full spring season, summer 7s and then likely compete in NERFU in the fall. The players on the club consists of current and past MIT students in addition to local members of the community.
MIT practices twice a week and plays all their home games on Vassar Street in Cambridge. The team consists of players of all different experience levels from many different countries.
· USA Rugby Certification or willing to achieve before April 2023.
· Rugby playing experience
· Flexibility on practice and game days
· Ability to build a solid DIII club that is sustainable
· Ability to plan 2 focused trainings a week (nights TBD, Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs)
· Ability to provide instruction and encouragement to players of all skill levels
· Understand the skillset of the players and create a game plan to suit those abilities
· Manage fair playing time among “A” and “B” teams as the team size allows
· Keep the practices challenging, engaging, and fun
· Work with team captains and players with diverse experience to continually improve practices and provide feedback to players
Qualified candidates will be interviewed by our coaching committee where the salary will be discussed. If interested, please respond via email to our club president, Michael West (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Erik Johnson (email@example.com) with a short description of your rugby coaching qualifications and certifications. We look forward to hearing from you.